trésor, precise meaning

Stilgard

Spanish
Hello all,

So I have this doubt. I am in contact with someone with whom I have a very "special" relationship. Basically we talk everyday either by sms or email. I do know she holds me in great regard (Im her "adoré", "Soleil"...etc..) but recently she used "trésor" to refer to me.

My question is... what degree of "special friendship" this holds? Isn't it more of a "potential lover" term?

The circumstances of the relationship are complex... so I won't go into more details... just want to know the usual usage of the word.

Thanks!

• Glasguensis

Signal Modulation
    English - Scotland
    All of these words are generally used with either a child or a potential lover. In my opinion "trésor" does not indicate any change compared to using the other words.

dratuor

french - france
    there is not. It is used for someone you really care about but there is no 'official' graduation.

It depends on how she graduates these terms and how much she like to change words she's using.

What is sure is that she is really into you; now it can be as a dear (dear dear dear) friend like as a 'potential' lover who knows? (well, she does)

Stilgard

Spanish
    there is not. It is used for someone you really care about but there is no 'official' graduation.

It depends on how she graduates these terms and how much she like to change words she's using.

What is sure is that she is really into you; now it can be as a dear (dear dear dear) friend like as a 'potential' lover who knows? (well, she does)
    Yeah... the fact that we talk basically every day, good night messages, the random "I wish we were together far away" sort of tells me that as well hehe.

It was more of curiosity about the change of terms... as I said, its just giving it variety I guess.

Thanks for the quick responses :)

dratuor

french - france
    But the French language has a very special grammatical structure that might help you if there is something you would like to know.

The basic idea is to swich the verb and the subject and use a funny mark at the end which goes like this "?". It is called "phrases interrogatives" and are usually refered to as "questions".
    It is most of the time the best way to know something!!

;)

Stilgard

Spanish
    Yes... I have heard of such strange and obscure gramatical structure!!
    Unfortunately, the special circumstances on my side do not allow me to go into certain details. :p
    Its fine... the whole thing is pretty clear. difficult, but clear.

< Previous | Next >