Traffic summons in relation to breath-alcohol offence

gusy

French- France
I am struggling with the title of a document: "Traffic summons to defendant in relation to breath-alcohol offence". I ve got something like...
"Assignation d'un accusé en rapport à une infraction pour abus d'alcool au volant."
Can someone tell me if he/she thinks of something more apropriate...
Thanks!

• David

Banned
    pour abus d'alcool au volant

This will be moved to the French forum by somebody, but in the meantime, I don't think "abus d'alcoôl au volant" quite covers "breath-alcohol," which refers specifically to a "breath" test administed by the authorities with a machine that measure alcohol exhaled by a person, rather than to conduct "au volant", "at the wheel.

gusy

French- France
    Hi! Thank you for your answer... This document if filled out by the person who has undergone the breath-alcohol test and the result of it was positive. That 's why I put "abus d'alcool" and also for offence which means you've done something wrong in a way... And then "au volant" because of "traffic", I had to mentioned somewhere that it was on the road, driving, ect... and I didn't find a way to include "circulation" or "code de la route" something referring to Traffic... I don't know, what do you think now?? thanks for your help!

David

Banned
    Try something more like this:

Procès-Verbal [a "PV" traffic summons in France] de conducteur à base de résultat d'alcootest

This will be moved eventually by somebody to the French forum, but you find it here or there. Please report "wrong forum".

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >