transferring of the meeting topics (discussions) in to paper

payaam2000

Persian
Dear All,

I am new comer to this site.

I want to know what is the verb for "transferring discussed topics of a meeting into the paper" I mean if "transfer" is a proper verb?

thanks

• dojibear

English - Northeast US
    Many meetings have a set of "minutes" written down. The "minutes of the meeting" is a written record of everything that happened in the meeting. But it is not a record of every word. It is the topics discussed, important ideas people expressed about those topics, and any votes or decisions that the group made.

There is no special verb for writing down the minutes. We might say that someone "took notes" or "recorded the minutes".

payaam2000

Persian
    Many meetings have a set of "minutes" written down. The "minutes of the meeting" is a written record of everything that happened in the meeting. But it is not a record of every word. It is the topics discussed, important ideas people expressed about those topics, and any votes or decisions that the group made.

There is no special verb for writing down the minutes. We might say that someone "took notes" or "recorded the minutes".
    Thank you for your explanation.

Uncle Jack

British English
    "Minute" is a verb as well as a noun. It isn't often used for the entire process of writing minutes, but is quite often used by attendees at a meeting to make sure that a specific point gets included in the minutes:
    "Make sure that is minuted"
    "I've minuted that John has to get an agreement by Friday"
    "Can you minute that I dissented on that point?"​

If you want to cover the wider process, the most common verb is "take":
    "Peter will take minutes"
    "Minutes were taken"​

< Previous | Next >