Translating Serbian text with photo

dgwp

English (UK)
I know it's a bit of an unorthodox request, but I wonder if anyone can help me translate the Serbian text below written on the rear of a photo of a steam roller? I think it refers to a foundry in Vojvodina, but I cannot make out the third and fourth words.

Many thanks

Unknown RR in Yugoslavia (b).jpg

• Panceltic

Slovenščina
    You are right, it says Vojvodina and foundry (livnica), I'm not so sure about the rest ... looks like "Kale Kolora" to me, maybe a company name?

Lazar_Bgd

Serbian - Serbia
    It says "Kole Kolora". Doesn't make much sense. Kole is short for Kosta, man's name. Kolora is the genitive of kolor (= colour).

Anemona61

Serbian, Serbia
    I would say that it is Koče (Коче), not Kole (Коле). I am almost certain that it is the name of the street. I googled a bit and I found Koče Kolara street, sometimes called Koče Kolarova street. I even found Livnica Bačka Topola - Koče Kolarova 51. Bačka Topola iz in Vojvodina indeed.

Şafak

I would say that it is Koče (Коче), not Kole (Коле). I am almost certain that it is the name of the street. I googled a bit and I found Koče Kolara street, sometimes called Koče Kolarova street. I even found Livnica Bačka Topola - Koče Kolarova 51. Bačka Topola iz in Vojvodina indeed.
    Holmes, you’ve cracked the case.

Last edited:

Anemona61

Serbian, Serbia
    By the way, the third letter in the first word is not written in the same way as the third letter in the second word, so it is definitely not "l" (л). I would write "č" (ч) the way it is written in the first word.
    Jennifer, your comment made my day. :D

Last edited: