transportation is convenient

bosun

Banned
korean
When you want to say, your house is located in a good place where you can get anywhere. Can I say as follows?

transportation is convenient around my place. I got shopping mall, bank, and fish market around my place.

• quietdandelion

Banned
    Formosa/Chinese
    Thanks, Avig.
    That's really interesting and confusing at the same time why it's to my house in your version while near my house in mine. Could you come up with a reason?

Musical Chairs

Japan & US, Japanese & English
    transportation is convenient around my place. I got shopping mall, bank, and fish market around my place.

Transportation is very convenient where I live. There is a shopping mall, a bank, and a fish market near (my house / where I live / etc).

Musical Chairs

Japan & US, Japanese & English
    "We have convenient public transportation to my house" - only TO the house, and not away from it.

Avignonais

USA
    USA, Anglophone
    MC has pointed out that we have convenient transportation to my house is ambiguous. He has shown another possible meaning. (only to the house but not from the house). Ambiguity is one major reason we will change an English sentence, rephrase it to something more clear.

On the other hand when you say, "public transportation is convenient to my house", it is an idiomatic way of saying it is close to my house. The substitution of "is close to" for "is convenient to" happens and there is no confusion.

quietdandelion

Banned
    Formosa/Chinese
    Thanks, Avig, for the clear explanation.
    Got it.
    By the way, if it's daily speech, is it acceptible to say "we have convenient transportation to my house?" It seems to me that "from my house" is understood in the expression.