traveling in the queen's wheelhouse

Whiplasher

Español - Uruguay
Can someone explain to me -or better still send me a picture- of what a wheelhouse in A Game of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin, is? Because it can't be the part of the boat where the captain is, which is the only thing that I could find in my Oxford Dictionary. Here's the word in context: "We're traveling in the queen's wheelhouse with Princess Myrcella today."

• Sparky Malarky

English - US
    Can someone explain to me -or better still send me a picture- of what a wheelhouse in A Game of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin, is? Because it can't be the part of the boat where the captain is, which is the only thing that I could find in my Oxford Dictionary. Here's the word in context: "We're traveling in the queen's wheelhouse with Princess Myrcella today."
    Can you give a little bit more context? How are they traveling? By boat? On horseback? In a group?

I think it refers to an elaborate carriage, but I am not sure. It could be a term Martin invented, meaning a house on wheels.

Myridon

English - US
    This is another world. It seems that a wheelhouse in this world is a large carriage for traveling by road. It's so large that it's like a house on wheels.

< Previous | Next >