travelling

Hi, I am completely new to this, so apologies if I make mistakes. I've got to take my boyfriend's father to the coach station tomorrow morning and need some quick and easy translations / sentences to chat:

such as:

The taxi will be here soon.

Have you got your ticket?

This is the right / correct bus.

This is your boarding pass.

Have a safe journey.

It was nice to meet you.

I hope to see you again.

I'd be really grateful if you could write it as I've got to pronounce it as I'm still learning the alphabet.... and any other tips on what else I could use for small talk are always welcome too. :)

thanks a lot for any help you can give me!!!

• Perfectcube

Greek
    to taxi erxete se ligo

exete to isitirio sas

afto ine to sosto leoforio

afto ine to isitirio sas

kalo kai asfales taxidi

xarika gia ti gnorimia

elpizo na sas xanado

I don't know what exactly is your relationship with your boyfriend's father but in the examples above plural is used as a more formal way of addressing an older person.

Kevman

USA English
    Unfortunately, you might already be at the train station while I'm writing this in America, but I can indicate which syllables to stress for your future reference, or to help others. The word 'taxi', for instance, means either "taxicab" or "class" depending on where you accent it.
    Perfectcube said:
    to taxi erxete se ligo

exete to isitirio sas

afto ine to sosto leoforio

afto ine to isitirio sas

kalo kai asfales taxidi

xarika gia ti gnorimia

elpizo na sas xanado
    I hope that's useful! :)

Hi Both,

thanks ever so much, no not at the station yet, will pick him up in 3 hours time! And yes, we only met on Tuesday, so very formal relationship at the moment. Thanks a lot to you both, that's saved me a few embarrassing silences...

Cheers!

< Previous | Next >