treat/indulge

< Previous | Next >

Gabriel Malheiros

Portuguese - Brazil
Hi, there

If a girl wants to tell her boyfriend that he never does anything nice for her(like buying a present) what could she say?

"You never indulge me"
"You never give me a treat"

Or something else...

Thank you

• Gabriel Malheiros

Portuguese - Brazil
    Yes. She could say "You never do anything nice for me."
    GreenWhiteBlue, do you say things like "Treat yourself to a new phone/to a ice cream/some clothes"? So, in my example, could I say "You never treat me to anything"? Are these sentences odd?... Like pampering someone

Thank you

GreenWhiteBlue, do you say things like "Treat yourself to a new phone/to a ice cream/some clothes"?
    No, but that is largely because I am neither an advertisement, nor a game show host describing a prize::D
    Wanda, how would you like to treat yourself ... to a shopping spree in Paris, France?!!! [wild cheers from studio audience]

So, in my example, could I say "You never treat me to anything"? Are these sentences odd?...
    You can always say anything you like -- but yes, it would be very odd.

Gabriel Malheiros

Portuguese - Brazil
    No, but that is largely because I am neither an advertisement, nor a game show host describing a prize::D
    Wanda, how would you like to treat yourself ... to a shopping spree in Paris, France?!!! [wild cheers from studio audience]

You can always say anything you like -- but yes, it would be very odd.
    But in advertisements they say things like "treat yourself to a new phone, etc", don't they?

< Previous | Next >