trendy small alcohol drink bottles

• Loob

English UK
    "Miniatures" is the term I know.

(I suppose it may depend on how you define "a dose"....:cool:)

Thank you, all. I don't drink so I'm totally at a loss here...

But some of these "miniature" bottles aren't that small, right? Like some of them are like the size of small beer bottle?

(that's what I want to describe)

WestSideGal

English, US
    :pNot that I drink ALL that much, but they're called "mini-s", like in the mini version of the bottle. But you didn't hear it from me.:rolleyes::D

sdgraham

USA English
    But some of these "miniature" bottles aren't that small, right? Like some of them are like the size of small beer bottle?
    Not if you're talking about "just one dose," which I presume you mean "the amount for a normal drink."

(In other words, the little bottles they have on commercial airliners when they're not pouring from large bottles.)

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    What kind of alcoholic drink are you talking about?
    I wonder, since you talk about these as trendy, if perhaps you are talking about what are called "alcopops" in the UK (and elsewhere, according to Wiki)?
    Alcopop is a derogatory term describing certain flavored alcoholic beverages, including:

1. malt beverages to which various fruit juices or other flavorings have been added,
    2. beverages containing wine to which ingredients such as fruit juice or other flavorings have been added (wine coolers), or
    3. beverages containing distilled alcohol and added ingredients such as fruit juices or other flavorings.
    Alcopops tend to be sweet and served in small bottles (typically 330 ml in Europe and 355 ml, the normal size of a soda pop can, in North America), and between 4% and 7% alcohol by volume.
    Wikipedia

OK, I was able to get some names: Bacardi Corto, Mini Martini, Desperados Red (this one is 33cl)

I found this on the web:
    Martini always tries to follow modern trends. Last year the new bottle design was introduced across the full range, including mini-bottles

Mini-bottles sounds good. I was afraid "miniatures" might be the term used for those tiny ones, half the size of your hand.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

< Previous | Next >