triangulación

< Previous | Next >

lfrv

Spanish, Mexico
Buenas tardes,
Acabo de registrarme para participar en los foros.

Algun buen samaritano(a) que me pueda decir como se podria traducir triangulación en inglés.

Gracias !!

• heidita

Banned
    Germany (German, English, Spanish)
    lfrv said:
    Buenas tardes,

Algun buen samaritano(a) que me pueda decir como se podria traducir triangulación en inglés.

Gracias !!

What might that be? Can you give context?

Lagartija

English, USA
    lfrv said:
    Buenas tardes,

Gracias !!
    Triangulation--- finding three reference points to fix your position in space.

lfrv said:
    Buenas tardes,

Gracias !!
    Welcome to WR forums lfrv :) Nice to meet you.

Non hablar espanol but I know that the translation is triangulation. You can look up words in the WR dictionary at the top of this page, as well as posting threads in the forum. ;)

La Reine V

lfrv

Spanish, Mexico
    Thank you all and sorry for not being specific. The context is economic and mercantile. I am looking for a word or phrase that describes the following situation:

"Product made in country A to be exported to country C is first exported to country B where it is repackaged and then reexported to country C so as to avoid the high tariffs and or duties imposed if exported originally from A to C."

The sentence in spanish reads: La posible triangulación a la que usted se refiere no existe.

Thanks.

lfrv said:
    Thank you all and sorry for not being specific. The context is economic and mercantile. I am looking for a word or phrase that describes the following situation:

"Product made in country A to be exported to country C is first exported to country B where it is repackaged and then reexported to country C so as to avoid the high tariffs and or duties imposed if exported originally from A to C."

The sentence in spanish reads: La posible triangulación a la que usted se refiere no existe.

Thanks.
    I understand that to mean 'three-way system'. The possible three-way system to which you refer doesn't exist.

Please remember I'm not a Spanish speaker so it's only a wild (and probably quite incorrect) guess. :eek:

LRV

dg_spain

English - US
    Well, here's another example of thread use years later! The explanation you gave, lfrv, helped me see why "triangulación" was being referred to in the report I'm translating on tax evasion.

The best I can find is "triangular transaction", which gets a lot of hits in Google, although it does not seem to be specifically connected to fraud. But there are some references to cases with tax fraud involved, so I think "triangular transaction" would be it.

Perhaps this will help someone in the future as well!

< Previous | Next >