Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by Citrinette, Jul 18, 2009.

  1. Citrinette

    Citrinette Senior Member

    Ravenna, Italy
    Canadian, English
    This is yet again on the history of the Art Academy. Two things here, one is the translation of "triennale" for a visual arts Academy. Second is the term "titoli di studio".

    Original phrase (partial):
    ...articolato su una base triennale e una specializzazione biennale (3+2), equiparandosi ai rispettivi titoli di studio universitari.

    My sentence:
    This project was based on a (three year) bachelor of visual arts?? and a two year specialization (3+2), equivalent to respective University degrees.

    I hope it makes sense, I can always post the whole Italian sentence (a whole paragraph... as usual)
  2. k_georgiadis

    k_georgiadis Senior Member

    NJ, USA
    English (AE)
    Triennale translates as triennial but, as in English, it means something that lasts three years as well as something that occurs at three-year intervals. Using a three-year bachelor program is a lot clearer.
  3. DAH

    DAH Senior Member

    Los Angeles
    foundation of three years with two years of specializtion eqivalent to respective university course work.

Share This Page