1. balkis Member

    france- french
    "troussage" is an old-style french word euphemizing a sexual relation between a man and his female servant (a maid for example). Does it exist in English ?
  2. gardian

    gardian Banned

    English - Ireland
    Troussage is not an English word to my knowledge.

    Within those classes that employ maids, there may be equivalent terms.
    As I myself do not belong to these, I do not know.
  3. balkis Member

    france- french
    i do not belong to it either ! someone has a clue ? like an 18th C literature scholar who would wander around this forum ?
  4. Beltas New Member

    English - Australia
    "To tumble a chambermaid" is probably a good analogue. It's not a phrase that exists in modern usage, but you still see it in period fiction.
  5. pyan

    pyan Senior Member

    Vendée, France
    English, UK, London
    Please see this thread:
    trousser les soubrettes
    The two threads discuss the same idea.

    There is heightened in interest in other expressions at the moment. You may also find this thread useful:
    droit de cuissage

Share This Page