< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
France French

What's a tumbler in:

"What he found left in the file was a thick sheaf of ancillary reports and updates, the things investigators always lumped into the back of the book, the reports that he called the tumblers because they often seemed disparate but nevertheless could unlock a case when seen from the right angle or put together in the right pattern."

Culbuto doesn't seem to fit in at all... Maybe: les pièces manquantes du puzzle?

Thank you !
  • Moon Palace

    Senior Member
    I'd rather choose a word like 'tourbillon' since what is meant is that they are not originally connected, are totally disorganized and yet some solution can come out of them.
    THe definition of tumble in the CED could be helpful.
    < Previous | Next >