Turn down for what & turnt

Kat_Yo

English
Hello everyone!
It's from Miley Cyrus twitter:
"So it's true. If you turn the lights off and look into a mirror and say #turndown4WHAT 3 times fast shit gets TURNT. "

Please someone explain me meaning of these phrases!
"Turn down for what" - maybe from the song DJ Snake ft. Lil Jon - Turn Down For What
but I still don't understand. :(

• Myridon

English - US
    Miley Cyrus is an idiot. Many tweets are idiotic.
    It's a joke on a spooky prank. If you say "Bloody Mary" three times while in the mirror in the dark with a candle or flashlight lighting your face, you will see her or your face will appear bloody or something else strange will happen.
    She's using it as an opportunity to promote herself by linking her "joke" to a hashtag topic.

Kat_Yo

English
    Miley Cyrus is an idiot. Many tweets are idiotic.
    It's a joke on a spooky prank. If you say "Bloody Mary" three times while in the mirror in the dark with a candle or flashlight lighting your face, you will see her or your face will appear bloody or something else strange will happen.
    She's using it as an opportunity to promote herself by linking her "joke" to a hashtag topic.
    Ok, maybe she is not a role model for someone.
    But still, you all can understand this phrase. And there's also a song with the same title - "Turn Down For What" :(

pob14

American English
    But still, you all can understand this phrase.
    No, seriously, we can't. At least I can't; beyond what Myridon said linking it to "Bloody Mary," it makes no sense to me at all. (Nor have I ever heard of DJ Snake, and although I have heard of Li'l John, I know nothing of his music.)