TV time for paintig blue Us?!

< Previous | Next >

morgadinha

portuguese
Hi! I'm stuck on this one. Could anyone help me out, please? I have to translate it to portuguese but I don't understando its meaning...

"For a lot of guys, college was the oasis in the desert of boredom - it was the time when they found beer, found women, and found that they could play at 3 a.m., wake up at noon, and get TV time for painting blue Us on their chests."

What is this?!?!?

help!!!!!!

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Olá Morgadinha,
    I'm as stumped as you are. Can you give us a little more context? Could this be a reference to a college, perhaps one with blue as the school color? Could US stand for University of S___________?

Here is a wild guess: They paint the school name on their chests, and are shown on television at a sports event, such as a football game.

Kelly B

USA English
    They painted the letter U in blue paint on their bare chests, so that during the boring parts of the football game, the TV cameramen would tape them (give them TV time - the opportunity for their friends to see them on TV).

I'm assuming that U is for university, and blue is a generic university sort of color. A real student would choose letters, symbols, and colors appropriate to his own school.

Ah, here's an example.

< Previous | Next >