Two it's

squidink

Venezuela, Spanish
"I will pick up the pay whenever it's ready and it's convenient/a good time for you."

Please tell me if I'm wrong. Since the first it refers to the pay and the second one is impersonal, it would be incorrect to write, "I will pick up the pay whenever it's ready and convenient/a good time for you." Right?

• nichec

Chinese(Taiwan)/English(AE)
    "I will pick up the pay whenever it's ready and it's convenient/a good time for you."

Please tell me if I'm wrong. Since the first it refers to the pay and the second one is impersonal, it would be incorrect to write, "I will pick up the pay whenever it's ready and convenient/a good time for you." Right?
    I wonder:
    Why don't you say:
    --I will pick up the pay whenever you are ready.
    --I will pick up the pay whenever it's convenient for you.

I think they explain everything you want them to in a simple way.

laurita5

USA- English

It is right. Written out it is: whenever it is ready and whenever it is convenient for you.

squidink

Venezuela, Spanish
    True, that clearly simplifies the sentence. I especially like, "I will pick up the pay whenever it's convenient for you." Thanks!

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    To avoid using it's twice, you could reword the sentence:

I will pick up the pay(check) whenever it's ready and the time is convenient for you.

But I agree with Nichec that whenever it's convenient for you is probably enough. Obviously it won't be convenient (for anyone!) for you to go pick up the paycheck if it's not ready yet. :)

< Previous | Next >