Two nationalities in the same saying or language twister

franknagy

Here is a Hungarian example:
"Öt török öt görögöt dögönyöz örökös örömök között."

Five Turks massage five Greeks among perpetual pleasures.

Can you write examples in other languages?

• franknagy

Пять турцов массируют пяти греков при вечных прелестях.

The two peculiarities of the Hungarian sentence are the following:
    1) Its vowels are all the same: ö.
    2) It names two nations.
    Now I am not interested in such tongue twisters where all the vowels are the same.
    I am looking for such proverbs which contain two nations.

I know two other Hungarian sentences of type 2) but I do not publish here because they are extremely chauvinist and racist.

Perseas

Greek
    Here is a Hungarian example:
    When do you use this sentence? I am trying to understand what it means.

I don't know if we have something like this. Perhaps when we mention all three of those nations, even if we want to refer to only one of them.
    Instead of saying "Άγγλοι" or "Γάλλοι" we may say "Άγγλοι, Γάλλοι, Πορτογάλοι" ("English people, French people, Portuguese people"). "Γάλλοι" rhymes with "Πορτογάλοι" and the wordplay sounds a bit funny. Maybe there are also reasons of emphasis.

franknagy

Five Turks massage five Greeks among perpetual pleasures.

The original sentence contains only one vowel.
    Have you such language twisters in Greek where all syllables of a long sentence contain the same vowel?
    Here is another Hungarian example with "á":
    "Ádám bátyám száját tátván, lábát rántván, pávává vált."
    "My brother Adam having opened his mouth, having pulled his legs, became to a peacock."
    "Ádám bátyám, száját tátván, lábát rántván pávává vált."

Parzifal

Lithuanian
    Пять турцов массируют пяти греков при вечных прелестях.
    Did you use Google Translate? :)
    Correct form is: Пятеро турков массируют пятеро греков в вечных наслаждениях.

apmoy70

Greek
    @Parzifal:
    Apologies for the off topic but, is that the flag of the house of Orsini that's flying behind you? They were originally an Italian aristocratic house who were hellenized and adopted Orthodox Christianity in the 14th c. and took the name Comnenus Ducas. They ruled the island of Cephalonia until it was annexed by the Byzantines (after the restoration of the Eastern Roman Empire following the 4th Crusade)

Parzifal

Lithuanian
    @Parzifal:
    Apologies for the off topic but, is that the flag of the house of Orsini that's flying behind you? They were originally an Italian aristocratic house who were hellenized and adopted Orthodox Christianity in the 14th c. and took the name Comnenus Ducas. They ruled the island of Cephalonia until it was annexed by the Byzantines (after the restoration of the Eastern Roman Empire following the 4th Crusade)
    Wow! Thank for such detailed historical excurse! In this photo I am staying near Château d'Amboise and about flag I only know that there is fleur-de-lys multiplied on it.

Circunflejo

Castellano de Castilla
    One tongue-twister in Spanish that includes two countries: Hay suecos en Suecia y suizos en Suiza, pero hay más suizos en suiza que suizos en Suecia y más suecos en Suecia que suecos en Suiza.
    Translation: there are Swedes in Sweden and Swisses in Switzerland but there are more Swisses in Switzerland than Swisses in Sweden and more Swedes in Sweden than Swedes in Switzerland.

apmoy70

Greek
    Wow! Thank for such detailed historical excurse! In this photo I am staying near Château d'Amboise and about flag I only know that there is fleur-de-lys multiplied on it.
    It looks identical to the flag of the County Palatine of Cephalonia and Zakynthos, under the Orsini:
    orsini.png

(Apologies for the OT)

Circunflejo

Castellano de Castilla
    is that the flag of the house of Orsini that's flying behind you?
    It's an optical illusion. It seems one flag on the picture of @Parzifal but they are actually two different flags. The White one is like the ermine of the Brittany flag (based on the former Duchy of Brittany flag). The blue one is that of the former Kingdom of France.

Next >