Types of pain

lauranazario

Moderatrix
Español puertorriqueño & US English
So help me God, here goes my first attempt at managing a wikiglossary. :)

This is a multilingual glossary dealing with terminology used to describe pain.

This document has been saved as a Microsoft Excel 97/98 workbook. (I picked an 'older' version hoping people encounter fewer hassles with it.) Kindly save your submissions using this same Excel version.

3... 2....1... lift-off!

Attachments

• VenusEnvy

English, United States
    Laura: I realize that you said you didn't want the format changed, but I altered the widths of columns to make it more reader-friendly. Now, we are able to view the entire description.

When you asked that we save our submission in the same format, I take it that you mean using the same version of Excel.

I also deleted the extraneous sheets, and gave a name to the one with entries. I hope this is alright.

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Whodunit said:
    I added
    • the German translations
    • Italian and French columns
    • the main word "pain" ;)

• Thanks for those! :thumbsup:
    Whodunit said:
    Questions:
    • does "increase" mean "ease" for you?
    • what is "blinding pain"?
    1. I don't understand your question...can you please point me to the term or description you are referring to?

2. I will modify the current "blinding pain" description. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
    LN

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    VenusEnvy said:
    Laura: I realize that you said you didn't want the format changed, but I altered the widths of columns to make it more reader-friendly. Now, we are able to view the entire description. No objections from me... thanks for the initiative

When you asked that we save our submission in the same format, I take it that you mean using the same version of Excel. Yes, yes, yes.... save it in the same VERSION: Microsoft Excel 97/98 workbook. I will edit my initial post now.

I also deleted the extraneous sheets, and gave a name to the one with entries. I hope this is alright. Are you kidding???? This was SUPER, I am not too versed (yet ;)) in Excel. Thanks!
    Saludos,
    LN

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Whodunit said:
    You wrote "increasing pain", I think. But shouldn't it be "easing one's pain"?
    No... "increasing pain" (entries #25 & 26) is a type of pain whose severity increases/augments/grows.

"easing one's pain" means doing something to diminish/lessen/decrease the pain. It's not the same thing at all.

Does that help? :)
    LN

Attachments

Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    lauranazario said:
    No... "increasing pain" (entries #25 & 26) is a type of pain whose severity increases/augments/grows.

"easing one's pain" means doing something to diminish/lessen/decrease the pain. It's not the same thing at all.

Does that help? :)
    LN
    Oops, I'm so sorry. I was thinking of "decreasing". But wouldn't that a good word, too? "easing one's pain"? Let me add it.

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Whodunit said:
    Oops, I'm so sorry. I was thinking of "decreasing". But wouldn't that a good word, too? "easing one's pain"? Let me add it.
    I think for that we'd say "subsiding."

Sirène

France - français
    Agnès, je propose les changements suivants dans la colonne réservée au français :

douleur aigue => douleur aiguë
    douleur thoraxique => douleur thoracique
    la douleur grandit => douleur croissante
    travail => douleur de l'accouchement

< Previous | Next >