1. Joe Tamargo Senior Member

    New York, NY, USA
    United States English
    Hi. This should be simple. What do you call the letter U that has two dots over it in Spanish, and what is it in English? The only thing I know is that the two dots themselves are called an umlaut in German.

  2. Like an Angel

    Like an Angel Senior Member

    Córdoba - Argentina
    Argentina - Spanish
    In Spanish we call diéresis to the couple of dots over the u, but an u that has two dots doesn't have a special name :D, and from what I know is the same word for English dieresis or diaeresis.-


Share This Page