Ukrainian: clusterf*ck

StarSword-C

English - United States
I'm trying to write a Ukrainian character describing a situation as a clusterf*ck and I want to know if there's an equivalent expression.

This is for a piece of Star Trek fan fiction I'm writing, a scene of an admiral giving a briefing to a captain. Admiral Levchenko's line is, “Well, with this Moab <Ukrainian for “clusterf*ck”> all over the news, other talk of secession, the President wants to show that we can still effectively defend the fringeworlds. But you’re right: we’re spread far too thin to win a fight with the Founders on their own turf, and if they’re willing, you get the Hell out of there. That rock is not worth it.”

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sobakus

In the absence of suggestions from the natives I can say that if you're looking for an obscene word for "mess", by far the most likely candidate is the Russian mat word пиздец :warning: (pizdets in the English transliteration). It's extremely vulgar and extremely effective at relaying the speaker's feelings.

StarSword-C

English - United States
    I did try looking at Google again and came up with плутанина (plutanyna) as a translation for "snafu"/"confusion"/"mess". That could work, too.

oveka

Ukraine, Ukrainian
    Moab are rebels and traitors. They have created an uncomfortable problem. Moderately vulgar expression to this situation == Добре, з цими моабцями повна срака... (повна срака радощів...).

StarSword-C

English - United States
    Moab are rebels and traitors. They have created an uncomfortable problem. Moderately vulgar expression to this situation == Добре, з цими моабцями повна срака... (повна срака радощів...).
    "Ass full of joy",* niiiiiiice. :D I like it.

* By way of Google.