Umbrella body

< Previous | Next >

Drashqaar

French - Belgium
Hi everyone!

I am looking for the meaning of these words, but can't find any. Could you please help me?

EAPM is an umbrella body of national organisations which represents human resource professionals. It seeks to promote and develop knowledge of human resource issues, human resource activities, and their importance to industry, commerce and both public and private sector administration. It is an experience-sharing organisation without profit-related objectives.

Thank you all !

• Docbike

english, UK
    It means an organisation covering or overseeing several other organisations. Sometimes providing guidance and protection (like an umbrella prtecting people from rain). Another example is the WHO (OSM) which looks after health care services in poor countries around the world.

Drashqaar

French - Belgium
    Thank you very much for the description! Unfortunately, my knowledge of Molière's language is too poor to find the French equivalent of Umbrella body, even with the description! :-(

Any idea?

Thanks

JiPiJou

French
    Il y a déjà un thread intéressant sur ce site à "umbrella organization" (organisation parapluie).

< Previous | Next >