umbrella steps

Darlex

México, Spanish
How would you translate: "Umbrella steps"

I was once a straberry in a Hansel and Gretel pegeant when I was in nursery school and didnt have no better sense than to dance on tiptoe with my arms in a circle over my head doing umbrella steps and being a perfect fool just so my mother and father could come dressed up and clap. [from Raymonds run]

If you cant translate it, at least help me with the definition
Thnx all,

• transparente

Spanish/Argentina
    No estoy segura, pero me parece que la definición está en el texto:

"to dance on tiptoe with my arms in a circle over my head doing umbrella steps"

¿El paso del paraguas?

karitoVT

espanol - Argentina
    The literal translation Would be "el paso del paraguas" but it doesn't sound very good, I don't think that kind of dance has any translation in spanish, I would omit that part... any way I don't think it is relevant, probably with the description is enought.

Barbara S.

Not "straberry" but "strawberry" (fresa, frutilla). Pageant. An umbrella step is a step in a common American childhood game called "Mother, May I". It's one step forward with a half twirl with your right hand arched over your head and your left arm bent towards your hip. It's quite elegant, almost balletic. Anyway, it's not a dance step. Mother, May I options are baby steps, giant steps, and umbrella steps. The object of the game is to reach the person who is "it" before the other players do. The child who is "it" gives the command. "Mary, you make take 5 baby steps". Mary must answer "Mother, may I?" or she loses her turn. Then It may say, Susy you may take one umbrella step (roughly the same as one giant step).