1. Lawyer1 New Member

    What does "Un abrazo fuerte" mean? I know it was meant in an endearing way.
  2. xqby

    xqby Senior Member

    Oxnard, CA
    English (U.S.)
    The most idiomatic translation would probably be "a big hug."

    Was it used to end a letter? I'm not sure there's a close English parallel in that context.
  3. Sailorsun

    Sailorsun Senior Member

    Spanish, Spain
    Literally: A strong Hug
  4. SydLexia Senior Member

    London, EU
    UK English
    "a warm embrace" is more formal that "a big hug". It depends on the context.

  5. Lawyer1 New Member

    It was at the end of a short note, and meant in an endearing, more than friendly way.
  6. dexterciyo

    dexterciyo Senior Member

    Español - Canarias
    It is quite common to use this expression among friends at the end of notes.

    I don't think it literally translates to "a big hug"...
  7. esteban67 New Member

    I agree with dexterciyo - from my experience one tends to encounter the phrase as a closing to a letter, note, or e-mail with an intention of "affection" much like "Carinosamente."

Share This Page