Un caro abbraccio

bcairns

English, America
This phrase was used as the closing in a personal letter to me. Should I read this using a literal translation of the three words, or does this phrase have a special translation as an idiom?

• nikis

italian (female)
    It means "a loving/warm embrace". (figurative)
    It is a usual very informal closing in letters, like "kisses".

The translation is literal.

bcairns

English, America
    Nikis, can you give me a different phrase to use in closing my return letter? I don't want to use the same one she used. I would like something similar in tone, like "kisses," or "fondly."

bcairns

English, America
    Thanks, Angel. That earlier thread did help. It was especially interesting because I recently sent a letter to a girl with "Fondly" as the closing. It never occurred to me that I might be complicating her life.

bcairns

English, America
    I am still looking for alternate closing messages for my response to the girl who sent me a letter with "Una caro abbraccio" as the closing. Please help me find something different but with the same general tone. I was going to use "Fondly" until I discovered that it may be misunderstood.

bcairns

English, America
    Thanks, Nikis. I sent a letter using con tanto affetto. Now I will wait to see if she responds with even greater amorousness.

Bob

< Previous | Next >