un personaggio che ispira simpatia

la_panza

talia, italiano
Please translate:

"oltre ad essere un grande rider, è un personaggio che ispira simpatia, tutti gli vogliono bene."

The exact translation for "personaggio" and "ispirare simpatia" in this case is not clear to me.. Thanks

• maudebac

Italy, italian
    "personaggio" actualy means character (in a film , for instance) , but in this case the meaning is just "person", sort of "special person", you use this when you want to specifically picture that person as something special. (is that clear??? :-/ )

macforever

Italian
    Vorrei mandare un messaggio ad un amico ciclista che visita il mondo sulla sua due ruote, per dirgli che lui e i suoi video ispirano simpatia e voglia di partire.
    Tu sei un personaggio che ispira simpatia e i tuoi video, anche quelli brevi, mi fanno venir voglia di partire e mollare tutto e tutti per sempre.
    You're a likeable person and your videos, even the short ones, make me feel like leaving everything and everyone forever.

Può andare?

Tegs

Mód ar líne
    English (Ireland)
    Hi Mac, your translation is grammatically correct but a few pointers:

I’d add “very” - “You’re a very likeable person.” Otherwise it’s really faint praise - most people you come across are to some extent likeable.

The end “make me feel like leaving everything and everyone forever” sounds really extreme. Like you are a slightly crazed fan of this person, which I am sure you are not :D I assume it is not quite so extreme-sounding in Italian. I would just say “make me feel like dropping everything and heading for the hills” which is more along the lines of what a fellow cycling enthusiast might want to do.

< Previous | Next >