Unborn Baby Test

< Previous | Next >

namlan

Banned
Vietnam
- If my wife is pregnant now, I her friend want to know where she often goes to check her unborn baby. So her friend will ask this , right? "Where do you often go for your unborn baby check-up?".

- Thanks a lot!

NamLan

• namlan

Banned
    Vietnam
    - Where do you often go for a prenatal check-up?
    - ...................................... pregnancy test?
    - a "pregnancy test" here means "you go to the hospital to see whether you're pregnant or not", right? and a "prenatal check-up" means "you go to the hospital to check your unborn child's health", right?

Thanks a lot!

NamLan

mjscott

American English
    Where I am from, a prenatal check (pre = before, natal = birth) is done in a doctor's office--unless the doctor happens to work at a clinic that is in the hospital. The hospital is more for people who have serious illnesses.

bibliolept

AE, Español
    - Where do you often go for a prenatal check-up?
    - ...................................... pregnancy test?
    - a "pregnancy test" here means "you go to the hospital to see whether you're pregnant or not", right? and a "prenatal check-up" means "you go to the hospital to check your unborn child's health", right?

Thanks a lot!

NamLan
    You are correct. Prenatal checkups are carried out at doctor's offices, clinics, and hospitals.
    Normally, people take pregnancy tests at home, and they go see a doctor to confirm positive results (to double-check when the test indicates that the person is pregnant).

Trisia

Romanian
    On the other hand, I might be wrong about this, but "where do you often go for a prenatal checkup/pregnancy test" strikes me as a bit unnatural... Maybe you could give up "often", it really doesn't add too much to the meaning of the sentence.

tepatria

Canadian English
    On the other hand, I might be wrong about this, but "where do you often go for a prenatal checkup/pregnancy test" strikes me as a bit unnatural... Maybe you could give up "often", it really doesn't add too much to the meaning of the sentence.

I think you mean usually not often in this sentence. Often is not the correct word to use here as Trisia said.

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
    "Prenatal checkup" is common.
    Where I am from, a prenatal check (pre = before, natal = birth) is done in a doctor's office--unless the doctor happens to work at a clinic that is in the hospital. The hospital is more for people who have serious illnesses.
    I wonder if both "prenatal check" and "prenatal checkup" are natural. As in:

She has been going to the hospital for prenatal checks over the last few months.

Thanks a lot

Packard

USA, English
    I would just say, "to visit my gynecologist". (Note: I would not actually be the one saying this.)

I am under the impression that all these prenatal checks are done by gynecologists.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >