Unclear sentence

translation lover

Arabic
Hi, I am working on a file for Abu Dhabi’s 2030 Economic Plan. They are talking here about the threats for this plan. Can someone dissect it please?

Oman for the more motivational incentive travel type programmes- more "cultural and better known" and building the Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre, due for completion in 2016 with amongst its features are a tiered auditorium seating 3200 people and more than 22000 square meters of exhibition space.

Thank you.

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    It's a mess. It looks like advertising copy telling you what you will find in Oman.

Why do think it's about 'threats'?

translation lover

Arabic
    Because it is a table about SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat) for Abu Dhabi’s 2030 Economic Plan. And this sentence is taken from the Threats section.

heypresto

English - England
    To me, the first part of the sentence, up to 'programmes', reads like the second half of a longer sentence. Could that be possible?

I've no idea what 'more "cultural and better known"' is doing here.

If you rewrite it ' . . . . in 2016, which has amongst its features a tiered . . . ', the last part is relatively straight forward, but doesn't seem to follow from the first part.

:confused:

Biffo

English - England
    Hi, I am working on a file for Abu Dhabi’s 2030 Economic Plan. They are talking here about the threats for this plan. Can someone dissect it please?

Oman for the more motivational incentive travel type programmes- more "cultural and better known" and building the Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre, due for completion in 2016 with amongst its features are a tiered auditorium seating 3200 people and more than 22000 square meters of exhibition space.

Thank you.
    It is impossible to dissect as it doesn't make sense. To me it looks like a machine translation from another language. Is that possible?

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    I agree, the sentence is hopelessly garbled. Nonetheless, if it appears in the "Threats" section of a SWOT analysis of Abu Dhabi's economic plan, it would appear that the advantages Oman possesses ("more 'cultural and better known,'" and the impending completion of a new convention center, for example) offer competition (threats) to Oman's hops of attracting more tourism.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Some parts of what you have apparently were lifted at random from this site: http://www.omanconvention.com/
    I suppose this is a "threat" if it is in competition with Abu Dhabi.

Oman's New Home For Business

The new Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre, due for completion in 2016, is set to become an iconic landmark for Muscat and the Sultanate of Oman. Surrounded by nature it overlooks a wadi that is a haven for Oman’s exotic bird life. The Centre is only 10 minutes from the new Muscat International Airport.

Located in its own precinct, this world-class facility is perfectly suited to host international, regional and national conventions, exhibitions and business events. Amongst its features are a tiered auditorium seating 3,200 people and more than 22,000 square metres of exhibition space.

Added: Thus I can interpret your sentence this way:
    Oman [is threat] for [=because of] the more motivational incentive travel type programmes- more "cultural and better known". Oman is a threat because it offers this sort of programs as because it is has more appeal because of the cultural amenities and because it is better known.

and [it is a threat because it is] building the Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre, due for completion in 2016
    with [] a tiered auditorium seating 3200 people and more than 22000 square meters of exhibition space.
    OR
    amongst its features are a tiered auditorium seating 3200 people and more than 22000 square meters of exhibition space.​
    (with / among its features) is a mistake. It should be one of the other. Probably when someone copied and pasted this, they meant to delete 'among its features' and substitute 'with'