une analyse de variance (ANOVA) avec comme facteur principal

< Previous | Next >

squeaksoup

Banned
USA English
Les scores moyens obtenus seront alors comparés entre les groupes de traitement par une analyse de variance (ANOVA) avec comme facteur principal le « groupe de traitement », il sera pris en compte le facteur « période » comme facteur de « mesures répétées » au cours du temps.

Thus the average scores obtained will be compared by treatment groups using a variance analysis (ANOVA) with the primary factor being the « treatment group », it will take into account the « period » as a factor of « repeated measurements » over the course of time.

I am really not sure of the correct lingo for this statistical sentence. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

• bloomiegirl

US English
    ANOVA is the acronym for "analysis of variance," which should be used instead of "variance analysis."

I think that avec comme facteur principal le « groupe de traitement » must be considered as a single unit. I would propose translating it as "using/with treatment group as the principal factor."

So that might yield: The average scores of the treatment groups shall then be compared using analysis of variance (ANOVA) with "treatment group" as the principal factor, and with "period" as the factor for repeated measurements over time.

< Previous | Next >