Unguento

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpbee

England
I'm translating some Italian for subtitles for the above movie. It's in English but has some characters who speak partly in Italian. There are two words I can't get. The first is when a wrongly accused man finds out that his corrupt lawyer has exploited him. He says what sounds like "TU BEBONTI (?)!"

Also, an injured man says to his mother, "Get me some bandages,
UN GUENTO (?) and a clean shirt."

I'd appreciate any help.

• fra3nic

Italian-Italy
    The correct word is "unguento"-->ointment; unguent that you use for dressing a wound! I can't understand "Tu bebonti"!

Saoul

Italian
    No idea whatsoever for the first one, sorry.
    The second might be both "unguento" and "un guanto". "Unguento" means "ointment" and "un guanto" means "a glove".
    Listen to it again, and you will definitely hear the difference between one and the other. "OON GOO-E (like in end) - NTO" or "OON GOO-A (like in Art) - NTO"

cpbee

England
    Many thanks to the above. Unguento, it is! Now, what the heck is the other guy saying... ?

fra3nic

Italian-Italy
    Ok..let's think about it...
    I am wrongly accused...I find out that my lawyer has exploited me....What would I say? mmm... I would say Sei un bastardo :warning:.. (You bastard!)....a word that seems like what you wrote is Tonto but it means idiot; blockhead; lump; simpleton...

Saoul

Italian
    Sorry guys, I'll close this thread. Cpbee, please open a new thread if you find out something more about that line. As far as I can see we can only guess, and since it might also be someone's surname, or nickname, or something, our guesswork seems to be useless.
    Thanks
    Saoul
    Moderetore

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >