Union actions

Sere83

italiano
I'm trying to traslate a call from European Commission for projects against trafficking in human beings.
"National projects must:
- Prepare transnational projects and/or Union actions (starter measure), or
- Complement transnational projects and/or Union actions (complementary measure), or
- Contribute to the development of innovative methods and/or technologies with a potential for transferability to actions at Union leven, or develop such methods and technologies with the view to transferring them to other Member States."

"I progetti nazionali devono:
- preparare progetti transnazionali e/o ....... (misure di avvio), o
-integrare progetti transnationali e/o ...........(misure comlementari),o
- contribuire allo sviluppo di metodologie e tecnologie innovative e potenzialmente trasferibili ad azioni a livello comunitario, o svluppare tali metodologie e tecnologie alla luce di un possibile trasferimento in un altro stato membro."

Cosa si intende per Union actions?

e comunque non capisco il senso dell'intero passagio!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Tegs

Mód ar líne
    English (Ireland)
    Union action vuol dire "azione dell'Unione". Cioè, azione condotta dall'Unione europea :)

Mi sa che ti possa essere molto utile il sito web IATE, che contiene la terminologia degli istituzioni europei - http://iate.europa.eu

Last edited:

london calling

UK English
    Concordo con te, Tegs, riguardo alla traduzione ma....how I hate Eurospeak!:mad:

Years ago Union actions (shorthand for Trade/Student Union actions) would have meant industrial action or protests in the UK.;)

Tegs

Mód ar líne
    English (Ireland)
    Years ago Union actions (shorthand for Trade/Student Union actions) would have meant industrial action or protests in the UK.;)
    Union action can still mean trade union action, and that's what the term means in the context I work in. Really, the English term should be European Union action, but I think it's fair enough that the authors assume all their readers will know what they're talking about. From the context, readers would know it's not to do with trade unions :)

PS Oooh, I hit the big 3000 :D Cue happy dance :D

Tegs

Mód ar líne
    English (Ireland)
    Irish jig done and dusted :D

Eurospeak is like so many jargon languages - governments are just as bad. Hence the Plain English Campaign. But alas, I'm veering off-topic so will stop here. ;)

To go back on topic, I don't know whether in Italian you would need to add "europea" or not to the term. I think having the capital U helps make it clear that it's the European Union in English (rather than a trade union).

london calling

UK English
    To go back on topic, I don't know whether in Italian you would need to add "europea" or not to the term. I think having the capital U helps make it clear that it's the European Union in English (rather than a trade union).
    In my days the U would have been capitalised anyway....I know they're also going out the window ....:mad:

It wouldn't be necessary to add europea in Italian either if the context were clear.;)

longplay

Banned
    italian
    Tegs : " EU actions " would be much better, I believe. The document is from the E. Commission, however. They did not think "European" was necessary, maybe.
    I think EU jargon needs a bit of interpretation in any case (documents are prepared by a multi-language secratariat and have to be distributed to Member State's representatives). The sentence which begins from "contribute to the develoment..." and ends "to other Member States" significa semplicemente che nuovi strumenti possono essere studiati e ideati in base a un progetto di cooperazione, altrimenti ogni stato membro è libero di "trovarseli" da solo , ma con l'obiettivo di "passarli"
    agli altri stati.(Questo suggerimento è per Sere83). Cari saluti.
    PS Correct my English, please:)!

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >