uniquely well positioned

Dryan

English - Northeastern U.S.
I am trying to translate the following excerpt from an American news story. I am having trouble with the highlighted phrase below.
I feel like my Russian version is much weaker than the English one. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

By virtue of his control over the federal government’s investigative apparatus, the president (along with the attorney general) is uniquely well positioned to cover up his own misconduct.

Благодаря его власти в государственном следственном аппарате, президент (вместе с генеральным прокурором) уникально в состоянии скрывать своё дурное поведение.

Thanks!

• Awwal12

Russian
    Благодаря его власти в государственном следственном аппарате
    "...своей власти/своему контролю над государственным следственным аппаратом" ("его" would normally mean that you are speaking about the power of someone else, not the president).
    уникально в состоянии
    It doesn't work, I am afraid.
    "... находится в уникально выгодном положении для того, чтобы..."

Dryan

English - Northeastern U.S.
    "...своей власти
    That makes sense, I think I confused myself introducing the subject so much later.

"... находится в уникально выгодном
    Out of curiosity, would Russian tend to make this singular like the English example or would you be more likely to find "президент (вместе с генеральным прокурором) находятся..."

Awwal12

Russian
    "Вместе с генеральным прокурором", especially in brackets, is sufficiently isolated to be ignored in the agreement. "A с B" in the comitative meaning normally demands the plural number, but that construction presumes generally equal semantic relationships.

< Previous | Next >