Unknown language: Zadimo

talkmonster

English, USA
Hi there,

I believe the word/name Zadimo is Lithuanian, and I'm trying to find out what is means.

Thanks

• Ragutis

Lithuania: Lithuanian
    talkmonster said:
    Hi there,

I believe the word/name Zadimo is Lithuanian, and I'm trying to find out what is means.

Thanks
    No, there's no such word, nor it at least sounds Lithuanian. Maybe just tell the context where did you come accross this word :)

talkmonster

English, USA
    Ah, well it was a shot in the dark :)

What happened is this: my Aunt just came up with the word, and on a whim I ran a search on Google. A lot of sites with the .lt domain suffix came up, leading me to believe that it was a Lithuanian word. The mystery deepens :)

Ragutis

Lithuania: Lithuanian
    talkmonster said:
    Ah, well it was a shot in the dark :)

What happened is this: my Aunt just came up with the word, and on a whim I ran a search on Google. A lot of sites with the .lt domain suffix came up, leading me to believe that it was a Lithuanian word. The mystery deepens :)
    I have just checked google and all these matches are typos of the word „žaidimo“ (genitive of word „žaidimas“, see karuna's post)

talkmonster

English, USA
    Very interesting -- thank you both for your replies. Bottom line: not a real word in Lithuanian (or probably an other language), but a probable typo of žaidimo.

< Previous | Next >