Unless it isn't.

emre aydın

Turkish
A girl was with a man at the party. After the party, another man goes to the girl's house and says he loves her. He thinks she's with that man in the house but she says she is alone and:

"I couldn't wait for the night to be over. Unless, of course, it isn't."

(Nashville)

I couldn't understand the bold part. Can you please paraphrase it in a simpler way

Thanks for your help.

• Barque

Tamil
    More context would help. Does it seem as if the girl likes the second man? As in romantically?

She seems to be saying: I couldn't wait for the night (the party) to be over so I could get rid of that man I was with. And now that you are here, I hope you aren't going to go away immediately.

emre aydın

Turkish
    More context would help. Does it seem as if the girl likes the second man? As in romantically?

She seems to be saying: I couldn't wait for the night (the party) to be over so I could get rid of that man I was with. And now that you are here, I hope you aren't going to go away immediately.
    Yes, she likes the guy who's come over.

farasso0

پارسی

Is this right?
    If the night is over, I couldn't wait for it.

kentix

English - U.S.
    I agree with Barque. She would be happy to spend time with the second man now that he has come to her house.

< Previous | Next >