Unmarked two-story rose brick storefront

dhejejjeskms

Korean
Hello, everybody.

It seemed that "unmarked two-story rose brick storefront" may mean "front part of a building made with rose colored bricks with no sign" but I am not sure.
Would you explain about that?
(It is from a NPR radio program transcript.)

DEBBIE ELLIOTT, BYLINE: Architect Kyle Kessler takes me to a short block in the heart of Atlanta's bustling city center.

KYLE KESSLER: We're coming up on 152 Nassau, which was where music history was made in Atlanta.

ELIOTT: He stops in front of an unmarked two-story rose brick storefront on Nassau Street.

Thank you.

• reno33

English - USA
    Your description "front part of a building made with rose colored bricks with no sign" is correct.

Rigardo Lee

Your description "front part of a building made with rose colored bricks with no sign" is correct.
    Hello, reno33. I'm not sure how the 'unmarked' should be understood as 'no sign'. Could you please explain further?

Would I be right if I take 'marked' to mean having a particular neon-sign attached on a storefront?

Last edited:

reno33

English - USA
    Well, "marked" and "unmarked" is not really specific....whether it's a sign, or bill board or other item with writing on it (or a neon light). But the idea is that there is nothing written on the building that says what the building is used for. (There is no "mark")

< Previous | Next >