unz unz

the Grim Reaper

Senior Member
Italian - Italy
Hi everyone, I am translating a magazine article about a party and I found the words "unz unz" mocking the sound of house music.
Can I leave them like this in English? Would people understand? In Italian it is quite common to say those (or similar) words. How about English?

Thanks a lot!
  • Tonza

    Senior Member
    English - U.S.
    I definitely make that sound when imitating (not mocking, mind you! :)) house music. In English, however, if forced to write it, I would spell it: untsa untsa. I checked if anyone else on the internet agreed, and it did get a few appropriate hits on Google!