upright

Marianel Mota

México Spanish
Hello everybody.

I'm writing my research paper and I don't know how to use the word upright, or if what I'm trying is correct.

How we eat and sit to the table. How we treat our elders and people around us. How we behave in a party, in a restaurant, in the theatre, in the movies, in the queue of the supermarket or the bank. How and when we use technology. How we treat each other at home. If we are honest and conduct ourselves upright or if we take advantage of the situation. All these are things that children learn.

Thank you in advance. :)

• Magazine

Español-España.
    Ahhh, perdón, no creo que eso quedara bien claro, tu inglés es muy bueno :thumbsup:

Si me lo permites, veo alguna faltilla en tu texto:

How we eat and sit at the table. How we treat our elders and people around us. How we behave in/at a party, in a restaurant,..
    Lo de upright me parece perfecto, también:

If we lead upright lives
    If our conduct is upright and consistent

Tazzler

American English
    Hello everybody.

I'm writing my research paper and I don't know how to use the word upright, or if what I'm trying is correct.

How we eat and sit to the table. How we treat our elders and people around us. How we behave at a party, in a restaurant, in the theater, in the movies, in the line at the supermarket or the bank. How and when we use technology. How we treat each other at home. If we are honest and conduct ourselves upright or if we take advantage of the situation. All these are things that children learn.

Thank you in advance. :)
    For "conduct ourselves upright" I suggest "behave with integrity". I can't think of a satisfying option with "upright" unless you say "are honest and upright". You should make the changes to the prepositions marked above. I wrote "theater" and "line" because I assume you're working with American English, right?

Marianel Mota

México Spanish
    Yes, you're right. I sometimes mix British with American :confused:
    Thank you Tazzler, I'll correct it. To be honest, my first option was "are honest and upright" but I thought it wasn't correct, so I changed it to "conduct ourselves upright". I like the word "integrity". :)
    Thank you.

< Previous | Next >