Urdu: شدہ

Gop

Tamil
Friends,
I find it difficult to understand the word شدہ in the following text. Is it ‘past’? Grateful for help:

اہمد بشیر ماسکو کے سفر سے فتح مند واپس آیا اور اب جب وہ ٹی ہاؤس میں بیٹھ کر پاکستان کی صورتحال کا شدہ مارکسی تجزیہ کرتا تو

یاروں کو ضیاء الحق کا انجام کتنا قریب نظر آتا مگر جرنیل سخت جان نکلا۔

• Shounak

Bengali
    اہمد بشیر ماسکو کے سفر سے فتح مند واپس آیا اور اب جب وہ ٹی ہاؤس میں بیٹھ کر پاکستان کی صورتحال کا شدہ مارکسی تجزیہ کرتا تو

Ahmed Bashir returned victorious from a trip to Moscow and now that he was sitting in a tea house doing a Marxist analysis of the situation in Pakistan.

Friends could see how close the fate of Zia-ul-Haq was, but the general lost his temper.

شدہ means done or completed.

The translation goes like this:

Ahmed Bashir returned victorious from a trip to Moscow and now that he was sitting in a tea house doing Marxist analysis of the situation in Pakistan

Friends could see how close the fate of Zia-ul-Haq was, but the general lost his life.

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    It should be شدہ شدہ which is the same as رفتہ رفتہ

P شده shuda [perf. part. of shudan; and = Zend shūta; S. च्युत], part. Become, having become; past, gone; lost: — shuda-shuda, adv. Going on (from one thing to another) gradually; by degrees, gradually (syn. hote hote).

Last edited:

meAJ

Urdu, Hindi

Ahmed Bashir returned victorious from a trip to Moscow and now that he was sitting in a tea house doing a Marxist analysis of the situation in Pakistan.

Friends could see how close the fate of Zia-ul-Haq was, but the general lost his temper.

Just to clarify that here Urdu is translated perfectly that why it makes me doubt intentions here about the general Zia-ul-Haq.

مگر جرنیل سخت جان نکلا۔

I wonder why this single line of Urdu is wrongly translated. Perhaps to add personal flavor.

It is said that 'Friends could see how close the fate of Zia-ul-Haq was, but the general lost his temper' (or life) but the true meaning reflects the opposite that 'but the general came out as hard soul'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    احمد بشیر ماسکو کے سفر سے فتح مند واپس آیا اور اب جب وہ ٹی ہاؤس میں بیٹھ کر پاکستان کی صورتحال کا شدہ [شدہ] مارکسی تجزیہ کرتا تو

Ahmad Bashir returned successfully from his Moscow trip and now, sitting in the Tea House when he would make a step by step Marxist analysis of Pakistan's situation, how close Zia-ul-Haq's end appeared to his comrades. But the General proved to be a diehard!

Last edited:

Gop

Tamil
    احمد بشیر ماسکو کے سفر سے فتح مند واپس آیا اور اب جب وہ ٹی ہاؤس میں بیٹھ کر پاکستان کی صورتحال کا شدہ [شدہ] مارکسی تجزیہ کرتا تو

Ahmad Bashir returned successfully from his Moscow trip and now, sitting in the Tea House when he would make a step by step Marxist analysis of Pakistan's situation, how close Zia-ul-Haq's end appeared to his comrades. But the General proved to be a diehard!
    “Step by step Marxist analysis”
    Thank you Qureshpor SaaHib, for this nice translation.:)

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    The translation would've been different had it been printed شدھ مارکسی تجزیہ ;)
    I must say it was a very difficult question.

Gop

Tamil
    The translation would've been different had it been printed شدھ مارکسی تجزیہ ;)
    I must say it was a very difficult question.
    marrish SaaHib, not only would the translation have been different, but I would not have had any difficulty with translating the phrase! :)