Urdu: پو پھوٹے منہ ادھر اٹھ گیا تو

Gop

Tamil
Hello,
In the following passage I am unable to arrive at the meaning of the sentence صبح پو پھوٹے منہ ادھراٹھ گیا تو جا کر کمر لگا لی by looking at the literal meanings of individual words. Maybe this is an idiomatic sentence?
Here is the text (Intezar Husain, ChiraaGhoN kaa dhuaaN, p. 99):

پرانی انارکلی میں جو گھر تھا وہ تو سوتیلے بڑے بھائی کے تصرف میں تھا۔ ایک تنگ و تاریک کمرہ ناصر کو دے رکھا تھا۔ اس کمرے

میں ایسا کونساآرام کا سامان تھا کہ ناصر کے یہاں اس کے لیے کوئی کشش ہوتی۔ صبح پو پھٹے منہ ادھر اٹھ گیا توجا کر کمر لگا لی۔ باقی

سونے کا کیا تھا۔

Thanks for help.

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    ....نہیں یہ کوئی محاورہ نہیں ہے۔ ہمارے ناصر کاظمی صاحب اپنی راتیں باہر ہی گزارتے تھے

but at the crack of dawn, he would head to his "narrow and dark" room where there was nothing to sleep on. He would just use its walls to give his back a support.

Gop

Tamil
    ‘munh udhar uTh gayaa to’ means then ‘if he headed for that (narrow and dark) room’? Is this the straightforward meaning?

aevynn

USA
    English, Hindustani
    ‘munh udhar uTh gayaa to’ means then ‘if he headed for that (narrow and dark) room’? Is this the straightforward meaning?

Here's a dictionary entry in Shabdsaagar for the sense of muNh uThnaa that I think Qureshpor jii's proposed interpretation of the passage uses, including another example:
    मुँह उठना = किसी ओर चलने की प्रवृत्ति होना। जैसे — हमारा क्या, जिधर मुँह उठा, उधर ही चल देंगे।

Transliteration: muNh uThnaa = kisii or chalne kii pravritti ["inclination"] honaa. jaise — hamaaraa kyaa, jidhar muNh uThaa, udhar hii chal denge [roughly, "We'll just up and go wherever we feel like."].

Gop

Tamil
    Here's a dictionary entry in Shabdsaagar for the sense of muNh uThnaa that I think Qureshpor jii's proposed interpretation of the passage uses, including another example:

Transliteration: muNh uThnaa = kisii or chalne kii pravritti ["inclination"] honaa. jaise — hamaaraa kyaa, jidhar muNh uThaa, udhar hii chal denge [roughly, "We'll just up and go wherever we feel like."].
    Thank you aevynn jii for this information.
    ‘munh udhar uTh gayaa to’ means in this light ‘if he was inclined to go there (i.e. to his narrow and dark room)’. Since this is a habitual action, Qureshpor SaaHib’s rendering is apt.