Urdu, Hindi, Braj: ghaRii pal chin

MonsieurGonzalito

Castellano de Argentina
Friends,

What does the "chin" below mean?
My assumption is that, somehow, "the moments are unable to cram the ghurry, and peace doesn't stay" (with chinna = chunna)

laage re nain tum se piyaa more
ghaRii pal chin nahiiN chain paRat hai

The lyrics belong to the song "Laage Re Nain", from Coke Studio

[Sample Youtube: VuvfZ3UJEh8 at 0:30]

• MonsieurGonzalito

Castellano de Argentina
    PLATTSछनچهنNOUNچهن छन, छण ćhan, छिण, छिन ćhin [Prk. छणो; S. क्षणः], s.m. An instant, a moment, the twinkling of an eye:—ćhin-bidhans (S. kshana-vidhwaṅsī), adj. Collapsing or perishing in a moment, passing or fading away quickly, frail:—ćhin-bhar-meṅ, adv. In an instant or moment:—ćhin-ek, s.m. A moment, an instant, a little while;—adv. In a moment.
    (chhin being an alternative spelling, according to the lughat)

Alfaaz

English
    MonsieurGonzalito said:
    (chhin being an alternative spelling, according to the lughat)
    Could you please elaborate? Both Platts and Urdu Lughat provide the same pronunciations/spelling - with an aspirated چ. Is the transliteration confusing you? (Platts uses "ć" for ch, so the "h" represents aspiration.)

MonsieurGonzalito

Castellano de Argentina
    Oh, I just added the Platts entry for the benefit of whoever can't follow the nastaliq script.
    The "alternative spelling" I was referring to was just in relation to the vowels: chhin vs chhan
    The Lughat reflects this by using both vowel marks on the same entry چَِھن and in the pronunciation clip the speaker says one variant after the other.