Urdu, Hindi: "long" 3pp imperative of denaa

MonsieurGonzalito

Castellano de Argentina
Friends,

What is the "long'/"future-like" most formal imperative of "denaa"?
diijegaa or diijiegaa ?
Both seems to be represented on the internet.

Example 1:
makkhii ne sunii baat jo makRe kii to bolii:
hazrat, kisii naadaan ko diijegaa ye dhokaa!

(from the "A spider and a Fly" fable of Iqbal's)

Example 2:
rone naa diijiyegaa to gaayaa naa jaaegaa
(the Bollywood song "rone naa diijiyegaa")

Thanks in advance

• littlepond

Hindi
    I've only heard diijiegaa in my whole life! If the other exists (which it well might), it isn't that common to hear in Hindi.

I wonder in your example 2, is it an imperative, though? "If you do not let me cry" where "diijiegaa" is only the auxiliary verb ("rone denaa" - to let one cry).

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    I've only heard diijiegaa in my whole life! If the other exists (which it well might), it isn't that common to hear in Hindi.

I wonder in your example 2, is it an imperative, though? "If you do not let me cry" where "diijiegaa" is only the auxiliary verb ("rone denaa" - to let one cry).

The first quote comes from Iqbal's poem for children, "ek makRaa aur makkhii" from one of his Urdu collections "BaaNg-i-daraa".

مکھی نے سنی بات جو مکڑے کی تو بولی

حضرت کسی نادان کو دیجے گا یہ دھوکا

makkhii ne sunii baat jo makRe kii to bolii
    Hazrat kisii naa-daan ko diije gaa yih dhokaa

In Urdu poetry, one has the normal "diijiye" as well as "diije". Same applies to "kiijiye/kiije", "liijiye/liije". Similar changes are made to words such as "yahaaN" and "vahaaN", more so in older Urdu poetry when for the sake of metre one finds "yaaN" and "vaaN".

Coming back to the "-iije" form, such an example is to be found in the well known nazm by Faiz Ahmed Faiz, "mujh se pahlii sii muHabbat mirii maHbuub nah maaNg (note mirii and not merii.....once again metre requirements).

جسم نکلے ہوئے امراض کے تنوروں سے

پیپ بہتی ہوئی گلتے ہوئے ناسوروں سے

لوٹ جاتی ہے ادھر کو بھی نظر کیا کیجے

اب بھی دل کش ہے ترا حسن مگر کیا کیجے

jism nikle hu'e amraaz ke tannuuroN se
    piip bahtii hu'ii galte hu'e naasuuroN se
    lauT jaatii hai udhar ko bhii nazar kyaa kiije
    ab bhii dil-kash hai tiraa Husn magar kyaa kiije