Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi: "..with the contempt he deserves"

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
We have recently had several threads where members have asked for the equivalents of English idioms in their respective languages, the last one being "last but not least". It is indeed true that usually there is an equivalent idiom in one's own tongue but when one has difficulty in finding a comparable piece, one has to resort to coining something as second best.

How would you convey the idea inherent in the sentence, "We all need to treat him with the contempt he deserves!"?

• Qureshpor

I'll have a go at the Hindi version. I hope Hindi speakers will help me to fine tune it.

ham sab ko us ke saath avamaananaa kaa bartaav karnaa chaahiye jis kaa vuh yogy hai!

हम सब को उस के साथ अवमानना का बर्ताव करना चाहिए जिस का वह योग्य है !

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    A bit different [Urdu]: jis qadr vuh is ke laa'iq hai, ham sabhii ko us se vuhii istiHqaar baratnaa chaahiye.

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    Actually your Hindi sentence is much more clear-cut than my Urdu one! I had typed it in too much haste. Can you think of any in idiomatic Punjabi?

Qureshpor

Actually your Hindi sentence is much more clear-cut than my Urdu one! I had typed it in too much haste. Can you think of any in idiomatic Punjabi?
    I am thinking about it. But, let's wait to see what others suggest for Punjabi and other languages.

BP.

Urdu
    One manner of saying "behave according to something a person deserves" could be "suluuk biliHaaz i sazaawaarii". You could plug in [contempt, praise etc].

greatbear

Banned
    India - Hindi & English
    While अवमानना (avmaan-naa) is certainly Hindi, it's also quite unnatural Hindi: I won't be surprised if many Hindi speakers don't even understand what do you mean to say. To go back to the original question, I would say "jis qadr/ghrnaa kaa veh haqdaar hai" in Hindi.

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    While अवमानना (avmaan-naa) is certainly Hindi, it's also quite unnatural Hindi: I won't be surprised if many Hindi speakers don't even understand what do you mean to say. To go back to the original question, I would say "jis qadr/ghrnaa kaa veh haqdaar hai" in Hindi.
    What is the function of the slash (/) here?

greatbear

Banned
    India - Hindi & English
    The function of the forward slash is to give two options to the user; of course qadr has a different meaning from ghrnaa, if you were confused.

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    The function of the forward slash is to give two options to the user; of course qadr has a different meaning from ghrnaa, if you were confused.
    Am I right in my understanding that you are saying that it is either "jis qadr kaa veh haqdaar hai" or " jis ghrnaa kaa veh haqdaar hai"?