Urdu: is پِئے valid?

MonsieurGonzalito

Castellano de Argentina
Friends,

Is پِئے (as a flexion of piinaa) valid in any context, or it is always پیئے ?

For example: oblique masculine perfect participle, or 2nd/3rd singular subjunctive?

I found a couple of appearances on the Internet, but I would like to know if they are typos.

For some strange reason, many of them are biblical passages like this one:

اور تُو ضِیافت والے گھر میں داخِل نہ ہونا کہ اُن کے ساتھ بَیٹھ کر کھائے پِئے۔

Thanks in advance.

• MonsieurGonzalito

Castellano de Argentina
    OK, I believe I got it (should pay attention to my own threads)

پِئے => subjunctive 2ps, 3ps

پیئے => participle oblique and masculine plural, like in

تیر ے لئے، ہم ہیں جیے

ہر آنسو پیئے
    Although I really don't understand the writing logic.
    Both sounds are pi'e, both in Devanagari are पिए, etc ...

aevynn

USA
    English, Hindustani
    I don't know that it makes sense to make such a rigid distinction...? Just searching Rekhta, I found:

* This usage of پیے as a perfective participle
    * This usage of پیے as a subjunctive
    * This usage of پیے as a subjunctive (ie, the form that precedes the -gaa in the future tenses)

* This usage of پئے as a perfective participle
    * This usage of پئے as a subjunctive
    * This usage of پئے as a subjunctive (ie, the form that precedes the -gaa in the future tenses)

In Devanagari, I think the current convention is to write पिए, but I think it used to be more common to write पिये and one still runs into these kinds of spellings somewhat frequently (eg, लिये instead of लिए, किये instead of किए, etc). I don't know if one of پئے or پیے is felt to be "more modern," but it seems like the same kind of spelling alternation that one probably just has to live with.

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    ^ Both پیے and پئے are used frequently, though the view of Urdu scholars such as Rasheed Hassan Khan is that the former form should be used. Same goes for لیے، دیکھیے, چاہیے.

MonsieurGonzalito

Castellano de Argentina
    ^ Both پیے and پئے are used frequently, though the view of Urdu scholars such as Rasheed Hassan Khan is that the former form should be used. Same goes for لیے، دیکھیے, چاہیے.
    The reason for this would be that in Arabic there is no "e/ai" sound per se, so it would be misguided to attempt following the script rules of that language?