Urdu: non-Prakrit plural of tamannaa, تمنا?

Sheikh_14

English- United Kingdom, Urdu, Punjabi
Dear Foreros',

I was keen to find out the non-indic plural form of tamannaa, a word otherwise derived from Arabic possibly by way of Persian in Urdu. The Prakrit plural forms are obviously tamannaaeiN and tamannaaoN. Your help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sheikh

• Alfaaz

English
    عربی
    واحد: تمنّی (عموماً ’’تمنّا‘‘ - فارسی و اُردو) ← جمع: تمنّیات -

فارسی
    جمع: تمنّا ہا -

ادبی مثال
    یہاں یا یہاں -

یہ وحدت وجدانی یا شعور کا روشں نقطہ جس سے تمام انسانی تخیلات و جذبات و تمنیات مستیز ہوتے ہیں یہ پُر اسرار شے جو فطرت انسانی کی منتشر اورغیر محدود کیفیتوں کی شیرازہ بندی۔ یہ ’’خودی‘‘ یا ’’انا‘‘ یا ’’میں‘‘جو اپنے عمل کے رو سے ظاہر اوراپنی حقیقت کے رُو سے مضمر ہے جو تمام مشاہدات کی خالق ہے مگر جس کی لطافت مشاہدہ کی گرم نگاہوں کی تا ب نہیں لا سکتی کیا چیز ہے؟

از دیباچۂ اقبالیات - جلد نمبر:٥٦ ؛ جنوری/جولائی ٢٠١٥ء ؛ شمارہ نمبر ٣،١

If there are any mistakes, corrections would be appreciated!

Alfaaz

English
    After checking various dictionaries and posting here, there was some confusion regarding the singular form of the word in Arabic. Therefore, this thread was created in the Arabic forum and the forum members provided useful information and corrections:
    AndyRoo said:
    Hi,

It's not quite right. The singular is تمنٍّ which with the definite article becomes التمنّي. It also becomes تمني in idaafa. The plural is given correctly as تمنّيات. I am not aware of other plurals.

I haven't commented on Platt's, but I see some errors there.

Sheikh_14

English- United Kingdom, Urdu, Punjabi
    That's quite interesting but do bear in mind that tamannaa is seldom written as tamanni in Urdu, therefore surely another alternative ought to be tamannaat? Tamanniiyaat in other words is the plural form of tamannii and not tamannaa.