Urdu/Persian: Gun-fire & to fire a gun

Sheikh_14

English- United Kingdom, Urdu, Punjabi
Dear Foreros,

Nearly every other language be it Arabic, Spanish or Turkish use their literal translations to denote firing a gun and gun fire I.e. the command is always their literal alternative of fire. So fuego in Spanish, Naar in Arabic and ateş in Turkish. Bearing this in mind I assume it's the same in Farsi. However, what is it in Urdu? What was the original and correct way of commanding one to fire, or to hold fire, as well as gun-fire itself? I am certain that at some point when the Anglicisation of Urdu wasn't as brazen we did have set terms for the above.

Regards,
Sheikh

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    بندوق یا توپ داغنا

بندوق/توپ داغ۔۔داغو

آتش بندی کرنا

آتش بندی کرو

Sheikh_14

English- United Kingdom, Urdu, Punjabi
    Interesting so the Urdu term for to fire is actually to burn the gun?? Fascinating, if Aatish bandii is used for holding fire then can Aatish be used as a command as well for to fire. Another term we quite often use is kholna i.e. to open so bundooqeiN kholnaa, topeiN khol do... How about Aatish jhaaR denaa or Aatish phuwaar do/ phuwaaro for to spray with bullets?

Perso-phones I would also be intrigued as to how you've gone about defining these terms