Urdu: Typing

panjabigator

Am. English
I an no longer type in Urdu on this computer...it is messing up...and the Urdu I read here is showing up backwards...what to do? What do you use to type in

• cherine

Arabic (Egypt).
    If Urdu has the same letters as Persian, here's a virtual keyboard you can use. You type, copy the text, then paste the texte where you want.

Of course it's not as easy or practical as typing directly on your keyboard, so maybe others would suggest more practical solution :)

Flaminius

coclea mod
    日本語 / japāniski / יפנית
    How about UniPad, a text editor designed for Unicode processing? In this software one can use a different keyboard setting from the system default.
    I just checked the Urdu configuration. It works fine with vowel diacritics and script connecting.

panjabigator

Am. English
    cherine said:
    If Urdu has the same letters as Persian, here's a virtual keyboard you can use. You type, copy the text, then paste the texte where you want.

Of course it's not as easy or practical as typing directly on your keyboard, so maybe others would suggest more practical solution :)
    It looks good, but there are some Urdu letters I cant find, such as do chashmi he, which is really necessary for a lot of words.

< Previous | Next >