Usage of "הַ" when talking about means of transportation and electronic (or digital) devices / platforms

סייבר־שד

Spanish - Mexico
As I understand it, the definite article is needed in such cases if you specify the transport / device, for ex.:

- האח שלי נסע בַּרכבת מספר 301.
- אנחנו יכולים לראות את המפה בַּטלפון חכם שלך.

But what if you're talking about such things in general? Is the article needed then or not?
Something like say:

- I've always loved traveling by train.
- She was listening to Shostakovich's 5th on her phone.
- We first saw the temple on TV.
- He heard about the accident on the radio.
- Yesterday I watched a very interesting video on You Tube about ancient earthquakes.

Thank you!

• GeriReshef

Hebrew
    My theoretical knowledge is quite limited, and I try to answer as a native speaker.

I guess we will use one of this options:
    אח שלי נסע ברכבת מספר 301 (berakevet)
    אח שלי נסע ברכבת (either barakevet with the article or berakevet without it, like in English or Spanish)o
    I don't know why it sounds bad to say האח שלי נסע ברכבת מספר 301 (both with the article).

אנחנו יכולים לראות את המפה בַּטלפון החכם שלך: both gets the article (הטלפון החכם), in contrary to English and Spanish.

- I've always loved traveling by train. (both are possible - barakevet & berakevet, with a little difference in the meaning)
    - She was listening to Shostakovich's 5th on her phone. (batelefon, with the article)
    - We first saw the temple on TV. (batelevizia, with the article)
    - He heard about the accident on the radio. (baradio, with the article)
    - Yesterday I watched a very interesting video on You Tube about ancient earthquakes.(no article in the sentence)

סייבר־שד

Spanish - Mexico
    My theoretical knowledge is quite limited, and I try to answer as a native speaker.

I guess we will use one of this options:
    אח שלי נסע ברכבת מספר 301 (berakevet)
    אח שלי נסע ברכבת (either barakevet with the article or berakevet without it, like in English or Spanish)o
    I don't know why it sounds bad to say האח שלי נסע ברכבת מספר 301 (both with the article).

אנחנו יכולים לראות את המפה בַּטלפון החכם שלך: both gets the article (הטלפון החכם), in contrary to English and Spanish.

- I've always loved traveling by train. (both are possible - barakevet & berakevet, with a little difference in the meaning)
    - She was listening to Shostakovich's 5th on her phone. (batelefon, with the article)
    - We first saw the temple on TV. (batelevizia, with the article)
    - He heard about the accident on the radio. (baradio, with the article)
    - Yesterday I watched a very interesting video on You Tube about ancient earthquakes.(no article in the sentence)

Thank you for the help, and sorry for the mistakes! I imagine " האח שלי" is wrong for the same reason saying "האמא שלי" or "האבא שלי" would be wrong (?).

And example no.4 was just terrible, because of course that one needs the article, after all I did specify it was "her" phone, right? 🙄

But it was a huge help to know about the others. Just one last thing: does that apply to any means of transportation / device, like say cars, computers, planes, etc.?

Cheers!