Usage of "any" with plural nouns

Subhajit12

Banned
Hindi
Are these sentences coreect?

1- She goes out with any boys who ask her.

2- you can borrow any books you want.

3- you can bring any people you like.

I admit i have asked this kind of questions before but still it is not complete clear. Please help me.
:(

• Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    If you have asked this question before, you can always continue the discussion in the same thread.

Sentence 1 - You need the singular "boy" and to change "asks" to "ask".
    Sentence 2 - What's your intended meaning? What's the situation in which you want to use this?
    Sentence 3 - What's your intended meaning? What's the situation in which you want to use this?

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    The plural noun here shows that you can borrow more than one book, bring more than one person.

She goes out with any boys who ask her.
    She goes out with any boy who asks her.

These could mean the same, but it's possible that the first sentence means that she goes out with more than one boy at a time, and she isn't fussy who he is/who they are.

(crossposted)

Subhajit12

Banned
    Hindi
    If you have asked this question before, you can always continue the discussion in the same thread.

Sentence 1 - You need the singular "boy" and to change "asks" to "ask".
    Sentence 2 - What's your intended meaning?
    Sentence 3 - What's your intended meaning?
    Hi barque, in the second sentence I mean he can borrow one or more books. And in the third sentence I mean he can bring one or more pesons.

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    in the second sentence I mean he can borrow one or more books. And in the third sentence I mean he can bring one or more pesons.
    This has been answered in posts 12 and 13 of your earlier thread: Usage of any

As I said in that thread, if you don't mention "number", it sounds as if you're saying he can borrow whatever books he wants, not however many.

If there's something you don't understand in an answer, it's much simpler if you ask for an explanation in the same thread.

The same principle applies to your third sentence. It sounds if you mean that he can bring whomever he wants, not however many.