USD400K

Status
Not open for further replies.

westwind

Chinese
I saw "USD400K" in the following context:
2Q in retrospect, we were hit by a series of operational hiccups, some within our control and some not, the situation got so dire at one point that 3 weeks before Q-closing we had to revise down our forecast by USD400K. I guess the USD means dollar, but I don't know what the "K" stand for. Also the 2Q is byond my understanding. Can anyone help me out. Thanks a lot!

• westwind

Chinese
    I got this from one of my friends. seems written by a native speaker to give thanks. But frankly, I have no idea what the author was talking about. Here is the full context:
    2Q in retrospect, we were hit by a series of operational hiccups, some within our control and some not, the situation got so dire at one point that 3 weeks before Q-closing we had to revise down our forecast by USD400K. My gratitude goes again to our CO team, some of whom had worked through the CNY break following up on the shipments, to Jiao Lao-shi who skillfully negotiated new orders to fill the gap, and to Tom Ying who led SBOC to go beyond the call of duty. Nonetheless, my special thanks to Cathy Wu for her resourcefulness and dedication, Cathy took over the back-office operations at the last hour and moved quickly to mobilize all available resources, explored all practical means, and eventually led the coalition, under Cara’s careful navigation, to victory!

Egmont

English - U.S.
    "K" means "thousand." USD400K is (U.S.) $400,000.

"Q" means "quarter," one of the four quarters of a company's fiscal year. 2Q the company's second fiscal quarter. In many companies that would be the second quarter of the calendar year, April, May and June, but in some it is not.

Both of these are common business abbreviations.

Three weeks before the end of that quarter, the company changed its estimate (of total revenue? Profit? Something else? The quote doesn't say) down by $400,000. If they had previously expected this figure to be $1 million, now they expect it to be $600,000.

westwind

Chinese
    Thank you Egmont!
    Do you think it is a shipping company, since one of them skillfully negotiated new orders to fill the gap?

westwind

Chinese
    "negotiated new orders to fill the gap" "following up on the shipments"
    Is thisnot engough to reveal what the company is? So, what is your guess? And what is the "SBOC" ?

Andygc

British English
    "negotiated new orders to fill the gap" "following up on the shipments" Is this not enough to reveal what the company is?
    No.

So, what is your guess?
    We do not guess. Please read The Quick Guide to English Only.

And what is the "SBOC"
    An abbreviation, but we do not answer questions that are not related to the topic of the thread.

<<This thread is closed>>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >