use this laser output regimen

NewAmerica

Mandarin
Why not simply use "use this laser regimen"? Is "output" necessary?

“We think our study is the first to use this laser output regimen for noninvasive change of corneal curvature or treatment of other clinical problems,” says Vukelic, who is a lecturer in discipline in the department of mechanical engineering. His method uses a femtosecond oscillator to alter biochemical and biomechanical properties of collagenous tissue without causing cellular damage and tissue disruption.

-Aelightenbyss

Source

• Bondstreet

English (UK)
    This is very technical, but I assume "output" describes the strength and/or characteristics of the laser beam, and "regimen" describes the method ("femtosecond oscillator") of controlling the output of the laser. So you would need both the output and regimen variables to calibrate the laser beam.

But this is very technical, and is only my guess. Do not rely on my interpretation. Seek technical advice if it is relevant.

These links might be helpful:

google.as - femtosecond+laser

google.as - laser+therapy+parameters

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    This is very technical, but I assume "output" describes the strength and/or characteristics of the laser beam, and "regimen" describes the method ("femtosecond oscillator") of controlling the output of the laser. So you would need both the output and regimen variables to calibrate the laser beam.

But this is very technical, and is only my guess. Do not rely on my interpretation. Seek technical advice if it is relevant.

These links might be helpful:

google.as - femtosecond+laser

google.as - laser+therapy+parameters
    :thumbsup:
    I agree. It is the output of the laser that is regulated in a specific way over time to gain a specific outcome based on biochemical changes induced by it.

reg•i•men /ˈrɛdʒəmən, -ˌmɛn/ n. [countable]
    1. Medicine a regulated course, as of diet, exercise, or manner of living, to gain a result, as preserving or

< Previous | Next >