using “any” where appropriate

Tenacious Learner

Spanish
Hi teachers,
These are the directions for an exercise.
Look at the pictures and fill in all the blanks using “any” to complete the negative sentences below.

__________ ___________ _______ __________ _____ the ___________.
__________ ___________ _______ _________ _____ the _______ carton.

I feel that the directions above are not correct because "any" goes in one of the blanks, but not in all of them.
What about these ones? Could they be shorter?
Look at the pictures and fill in all the blanks, using “any” where appropriate, to complete the negative sentences below.

Thanks in advance.

• Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    It's very hard to understand what you're talking about when we can't see the pictures. I'm sure the questionmaster can't have meant that all the blanks should be filled with any. So perhaps what he needed was this:
    Look at the pictures and fill in all the blanks to complete the sentences below; use “any” to make them negative.

Tenacious Learner

Spanish
    It's very hard to understand what you're talking about when we can't see the pictures. I'm sure the questionmaster can't have meant that all the blanks should be filled with any.
    I wrote them myself, but I wasn't sure that they were so clear. That's why I've asked.

Look at the pictures and fill in all the blanks to complete the sentences below; use “any” to make them negative.
    Right! These ones are much better! :)

Uncle Jack

British English
    English is very context-dependent. Do not expect everything to be written out; readers are expected to work out for themselves things that aren't explicitly stated.

People doing the exercise have to use "any" in each of the sentences. Clearly they have to use other words as well (it would absurd to write "Any any any any any the any"), but nothing is said about any other words the sentences need to contain, except that the sentences need to be negative.

However, if you wrote these questions yourself, the question remains: Have you provided enough information for people to be able to complete the sentences?

Tenacious Learner

Spanish
    English is very context-dependent. Do not expect everything to be written out; readers are expected to work out for themselves things that aren't explicitly stated.
    Got that, UJ.
    People doing the exercise have to use "any" in each of the sentences. Clearly they have to use other words as well (it would absurd to write "Any any any any any the any"), but nothing is said about any other words the sentences need to contain, except that the sentences need to be negative.
    Yes. It would be absurd. Then, saying "the negative sentences" is clear enough.

However, if you wrote these questions, the question remains: Have you provided enough information for people to be able to complete the sentences?
    Yes, I have. Explanations with drawings before and exercises with drawings now.